Deadline: 30 April 2019
SAR has announced an call for proposal for an Advanced Seminar that focuses on the circumstances of women in the developing world and offers paths to concrete, practical strategies for improving their health, prosperity, and general well-being.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Several of the seminar participants must be women scholars or scholars/practitioners from the developing world since one of the goals of the seminar is to foster professional linkages and the sharing of relevant experiences.
Proposals may address global problems or focus on specific regional questions. Above all, the participants should be committed to producing practical improvements in the lives of women and workable proposals likely to achieve that end. Seminars focused on broad policy issues will be judged according to whether practical implementation measures are included in the discussion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Women and Development Seminar will consist of 10 scholars — including one or two who serve as chair/s — who meet at SAR’s Santa Fe campus for five days of intense discussion. Participants appraise ongoing research, assess recent innovations in theory and methods, and share data relevant to broad anthropological problems.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The School provides round-trip coach airfare, lodging, visa expenses, and all meals for up to ten participants. Travel costs are reimbursed at a rate of $500 per participant for domestic travel. SAR will reimburse travel costs for five international participants at a rate of $1,700 each.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Proposal Presentation: Proposals should explain the research topic, key questions to be addressed, and methodologies in a clear and organized manner.
- Significance of Seminar: Proposals should make a strong case for the intellectual significance of the seminar.
- Appropriateness for SAR: The proposed seminar should clearly align with SAR’s Mission.
- Quality of Research: Research questions and goals should clearly align with the project’s methodologies and stated outcomes.
- Timeliness of Seminar: The proposal should make a strong case for why a seminar is necessary to address the topic and why the seminar is needed now.
- Ability of Organizer(s): The CVs of the organizer(s) should demonstrate proven experience in organizing academic events.
- Appropriateness of Participant List: The participants’ research expertise and professional experience should clearly align with the seminar’s research topic and key questions to be addressed.
- Proposal should explain:
- The topic of the seminar and key questions to be addressed.
- How the topic is of broad importance to anthropology and/or disciplines outside of anthropology?
- Why a seminar is necessary in order to address the topic?
- Why a seminar is needed now?
- Who the participants in the seminar might be, what each would contribute, and the likelihood that each would participate?
- The expected results of the seminar.
- SAR encourages seminar organizers to include scholars representing a mix of perspectives—generally anthropological and interdisciplinary—and to consider the ethnic and gender balance of the group. Inclusion of a discussant as one of the participants is encouraged.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can apply via given website.
- Only fully completed applications that adhere to SAR’s guidelines and deadlines will be considered.
For more information, please visit https://sarweb.org/seminars/campbell-seminar/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.