Deadline: 6 August 2019
Digital Frontiers with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is currently inviting eligible applicants to respond to the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative WomenConnect Challenge (W-GDP WCC) Round Two.
Digital Frontiers is a USAID project implemented by DAI to identify the most successful digital solutions and scale up their impact globally, fostering a more inclusive and robust global digital ecosystem. This Request for Applications (RFA) seeks solutions to improve women’s participation in everyday life by meaningfully changing the ways women access and use technology. This RFA describes the purpose of the program and the types of activities that it will fund; it indicates the process for preparing and submitting applications; and outlines criteria that will be used to evaluate the applications.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge Round Two is a key part of the W-GDP effort, demonstrating how technology can catalyze women’s economic empowerment. They are looking to identify and scale solutions that empower women to access and use digital technology in ways that advance the three WGDP pillars:
- Women Prospering in the Workforce: Increase women’s global labor force participation and advancement in the workplace by providing women with quality education, training, and support, so they can secure and thrive in well-paying jobs in their local economies.
- Women Succeeding as Entrepreneurs: Increase the access of women entrepreneurs and business owners to financing, market opportunities, and training to establish and grow their businesses.
- Women Enabled in the Economy: Promote an enabling environment that increases women’s economic empowerment by reducing barriers and enhancing protections in policies, laws, regulations and practices (public and private) to facilitate women’s participation in the economy.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- During Round Two of the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge, Digital Frontiers anticipates disbursing approximately three grants in award funding globally, ranging from $900,000-$1,000,000.
- The period of performance for each individual award is up to 24 months.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to participate in the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Organization Type: The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge is open to registered US or non-US organizations regardless of type (for example: for profit, not-for-profit, civic groups and others). For-profit Applicants must be willing to forego profit per 22 CFR 226.81.
- The following are not eligible:
- Government entities
- The following are not eligible:
- Local Presence: All Applicants must use W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge funds to implement a solution in a country with USAID presence. Applicants must either already have a presence in that country or must demonstrate that they will implement the solution in conjunction with a local partner. Countries excluded from eligibility include Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Other countries may have additional restrictions due to USAID Mission-specific stipulations.
- Topical & Focused: Solutions must directly relate to the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge goals and funding requirements. Applicants must clearly indicate which of the three Award Topics their application is addressing.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.womenconnectchallenge.org/