Deadline: 6 August 2019
Digital Frontiers with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is currently inviting eligible applicants to respond to the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative WomenConnect Challenge (W-GDP WCC) Round Two.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Digital Frontiers is a USAID project implemented by DAI to identify the most successful digital solutions and scale up their impact globally, fostering a more inclusive and robust global digital ecosystem. This Request for Applications (RFA) seeks solutions to improve women’s participation in everyday life by meaningfully changing the ways women access and use technology. This RFA describes the purpose of the program and the types of activities that it will fund; it indicates the process for preparing and submitting applications; and outlines criteria that will be used to evaluate the applications.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge Round Two is a key part of the W-GDP effort, demonstrating how technology can catalyze women’s economic empowerment. They are looking to identify and scale solutions that empower women to access and use digital technology in ways that advance the three WGDP pillars:
- Women Prospering in the Workforce: Increase women’s global labor force participation and advancement in the workplace by providing women with quality education, training, and support, so they can secure and thrive in well-paying jobs in their local economies.
- Women Succeeding as Entrepreneurs: Increase the access of women entrepreneurs and business owners to financing, market opportunities, and training to establish and grow their businesses.
- Women Enabled in the Economy: Promote an enabling environment that increases women’s economic empowerment by reducing barriers and enhancing protections in policies, laws, regulations and practices (public and private) to facilitate women’s participation in the economy.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- During Round Two of the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge, Digital Frontiers anticipates disbursing approximately three grants in award funding globally, ranging from $900,000-$1,000,000.
- The period of performance for each individual award is up to 24 months.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to participate in the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Organization Type: The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge is open to registered US or non-US organizations regardless of type (for example: for profit, not-for-profit, civic groups and others). For-profit Applicants must be willing to forego profit per 22 CFR 226.81.
- The following are not eligible:
- Government entities
- The following are not eligible:
- Local Presence: All Applicants must use W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge funds to implement a solution in a country with USAID presence. Applicants must either already have a presence in that country or must demonstrate that they will implement the solution in conjunction with a local partner. Countries excluded from eligibility include Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Other countries may have additional restrictions due to USAID Mission-specific stipulations.
- Topical & Focused: Solutions must directly relate to the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge goals and funding requirements. Applicants must clearly indicate which of the three Award Topics their application is addressing.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.womenconnectchallenge.org/