Deadline: 26 March 2020
Nominations are now open for the Anita Borg Systers Pass It On Awards Program to honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another.
The cash award helps fund women in computing or projects that inspire and support girls and women to enter computing. They encourage recipients to “pass on” the benefits they gain from the award, creating a movement of women helping women.
These awards are funded by generous donations from Systers, their online community founded by Anita Borg in 1987, and other members of the community.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The program is called “Pass It On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Awards range up to $1,000 USD.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Any woman over 18 may apply, though she must be in or aspiring to be in computing fields.
- Awards are open to women in all countries.
- Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
For more information, visit https://anitab.org/awards-grants/pass-it-on-awards-program/