Deadline: 2 September 2019
Nominations are now open for the Ginetta Sagan Award 2019 to recognize and assist women who are working to protect the liberty and lives of women and children in areas where human rights violations are widespread.
The purpose of the Ginetta Sagan Fund of Amnesty International USA is to support courageous women human rights defenders who are working in dangerous contexts to further the rights of women and children.
The creation of the Ginetta Sagan Fund emphasizes that more human rights work must be done by and for women. The $20,000 award recognizes individual accomplishment, but also serves as a beacon of hope to women everywhere who are fighting for human rights.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Award is intended to help women throughout the world in their struggle to overcome oppression, to let them know that they are not alone.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Recognizes outstanding achievement, often at great personal risk.
- Enhances the recipient’s ability to live and work freely, and protects the recipient’s capacity to continue her work, by bringing a new level of international attention to her accomplishments and the obstacles she faces.
- Brings increased international scrutiny to the crisis, region, or issue for which the recipient works.
- The $20,000 award can be used by the awardee at her complete discretion. The money is awarded to the individual, not the organization.
- With the $20,000 award to be used at the awardee’s discretion, the Ginetta Sagan Award also seeks to support the awardee to receive training to assist in her ongoing work. To this end, in addition to the $20,000 award, the awardee can receive up to $5,000 to further their professional development. This can include covering her expenses to participate in, and/or attend trainings throughout 2020.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Founder and/or Executive Director of an organization.
- Under threat for her activism.
- Proven effective at addressing human rights issues.
- Has brought about significant change in her country, region, or issue through her work.
A political party leader or government official / employee are not eligible for the Ginetta Sagan Fund award. Amnesty International is a strictly non-partisan organization.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can submit the Nomination Form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.amnestyusa.org/about-us/grants-and-awards/ginetta-sagan-award/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.