Deadline: 15 September 2019
Startup Canada and OnDeck Canada (formerly Evolocity Financial Group) have joined forces to invest in women-led companies in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) through the creation of a platform which provides micro-grants to women entrepreneurs across Canada while accelerating the gender parity and further unleash the economic potential of women.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Women Founders Fund aims to bridge the gap on entrepreneurial equal opportunity, by providing access to resources and empowering growth for female entrepreneurs.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Up to $5,000 grants to support business operations or business growth opportunities.
- Promotional feature on StartupNews.ca and a guest-spot on THRIVE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs.
- Applicants must be women entrepreneurs or women-led businesses.
- Applicant’s business must be in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) field.
- Applicants and their companies must be based in Canada.
- Funds must be used to support business operations or access to business or professional growth opportunities.
- Applicants must confirm that the company is a new initiative that could not happen without the seed funding or an existing SME that is augmenting their operations or ability to access business development.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Impact statement on the business and the use of the funds.
- Proven business model with evidenced traction.
- Case study evaluating the opportunity that this investment would provide, without which would not be possible.
- Agreement to participate in external and media testimonial.
- Agreement to complete an impact assessment post investment period.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.startupcan.ca/women-founders-fund/