Deadline: 22 July 2016
Virginia Gildersleeve International Fund (VGIF) is seeking letter of intent to provide small grants to the projects that are led by women and that help empower women and girls, in grassroots communities.
VGIF was founded in 1969 and has funded over 515 projects in 93 countries, focusing on issues ranging from education and health to economic empowerment and human rights. It is an international women’s fund based in the United States and governed by an international Board of Directors.
It provide grants globally to fund locally generated projects that advance the rights of women and girls; projects that help improve the lives of women and girls by advancing women’s rights and social justice.
- Economic empowerment
- Community development
- Health and nutritional support
- Literacy and leadership training
- Educational seminars and workshops Promoting education in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) for girls
- Women’s human rights
- VGIF provides small grants up to $7,500 USD.
- VGIF small grants are for one year. A limited number of grants are available for multi-year projects.
- Applicant can be from anywhere around the world (except USA, Canada and Western Europe) and the project must be women led empowering women in developing countries.
- VGIF will consider funding organizations located outside of the country where the project will be implemented only when most or all of the project leadership and staff are locally based.
- GIF does not support:
- Individual scholarships and tuition
- The purchase of land
- Political organizations, political campaigns, or projects that aim to influence specific legislation
- Religious groups, unless the proposed project contributes to the general good of the community Organizations that discriminate against individuals or groups based on gender, age, race, caste, color, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
- VGIF has a two-step process for grant applications. The first step is the Letter of Intent (LOI).
- To submit an application, applicant must first submit an LOI online.
- Selected LOIs will be invited to apply for funding.
For more information, please visit VGIF grants 2016.