Deadline: 15 April 2020
The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
The WE Empower Challenge is the first of its kind, a global business competition to honor, support and celebrate women entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
Five awardees from around the world are selected to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City, NY during the UN Global Goals week (September 18-27, 2020) to engage in high profile events with UN officials and to participate in a series of tailored trainings by leading and supporting partners.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Honor: Honor innovative women entrepreneurs who are supporting and achieving the SDGs through sustainable business practices and inspiration for others to follow suit.
- Invest: Invest in the most inspiring and transformational women entrepreneurs – providing access to seed capital, unique trainings, capacity building, a network of their peers, visibility and credibility for their work.
- Ignite: Ignite awareness among a global community of stakeholders of the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs can make in contributing to the SDGs and the obstacles they still face.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To be eligible to enter this competition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria. Finalists will be required to provide evidence of sales (i.e. tax returns and/or audited financial records).
- I am a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- My business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- I employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- My business/organization generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- I am proficient in spoken and written English
- I am at least 21 years old
- I am available to travel to NYC between 18 September – 27 September 2020
- Applicants must answer basic identifying information about themselves, their business, and their primary country of business. -Applicants must identify which world region they are located in from the following regions:
- Applicants will be assessed based on a variety of factors, including the following considerations.
- Ability to commit to the entire week of in-person program – no exceptions
- Willingness to help shape the community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDG’s in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
- Must be able to secure a US visa.
- Applicants with more than one business or organization, please complete the application regarding the business/organization THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO FOCUS ON during this Global Challenge opportunity, if you are selected to participate in the program.
Applicants are required to complete and submit an online application, which includes a two-minute video. The online application process may take up to one hour to complete.
Any incomplete applications, or any applications received after 15 April 2020 will not be considered. Applications submitted without the two-minute video will not be considered.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://sustainability.asu.edu/we-empower/