To advance the role of women as agents of change, the Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA), Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) and the Global Women’s Network for Energy Transition (GWNET) have launched a mentorship program for early to mid-career women working in the clean cooking sector.
The “Women in Clean Cooking” (WICC) mentorship program, which will support women across Africa and Asia, is now accepting applications to its inaugural class. WICC is also looking for senior professionals to serve as mentors and deliver a positive impact on more junior level women in the sustainable energy sector.
The benefits of the WICC mentorship program include:
- Gain experience from seasoned professionals in the energy sector;
- Obtain career-enhancing activities to support concrete goals;
- Enhance professional and personal development;
- Foster strategic thinking and innovative ideas.
The mentorship program is designed around the following parameters:
- Regional focus on early to mid-career professionals in Africa and Asia;
- Bilateral interaction for 12 months between mentees and mentors along mutually-agreed professional development targets;
- Careful matchmaking and continuous support by the GWNET Secretariat, alongside CCA and SEforALL;
- A series of exclusive curated knowledge-transfer webinars based on needs stated by the mentee cohort;
- Skill-building elements for professional leadership and communication;
- Virtual networking opportunities at international energy and/or renewables events
The application criteria are as follows:
- Must be a national from Africa or Asia and working in any country in Africa or Asia.
- Must be a woman working in clean cooking, with a strong personal interest in contributing to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 7 and supporting the engagement of other women in the process.
- Must work in an early to mid-career position, with 2-10 years of work experience.
For more information, visit https://www.cleancookingalliance.org/about/news/11-10-2020-new-women-in-clean-cooking-mentorship-program-opens-call-for-applications.html
yes we should help women’s more than any thing in world because women’s are part of each and every single of human life!!