The International Award is a thematic award that is redefined each year.
This award will be given to a project launched by a woman or a group of women committed to the conservation of wildlife and associated ecosystems, through concrete actions within a non-profit organisation (association under the 1901 law in France, foundation, NGOs).
Through this thematic prize, the Yves Rocher Foundation (with official ‘public interest’ status) wishes to highlight the role of all the women who are fighting on a daily basis,in their communities and alongside local populations, to promote the importance of wildlife as a fundamental element of the planet’s ecosystem.
The contest is open to women all over the world and the Foundation’s endowment amounts to €10,000.
Examples of eligible subjects:
- Fighting to save a species from extinction
- Studying and listing different species (from ant to whale) with the aim of better protecting them
- The preservation of fragile ecosystems (wetlands, forests, etc.) and their associated biodiversity
- The improvement of “human-animal” cohabitation within territories
- Educating local communities and future generations on wildlife conservation.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3EE0kgB