The City of Ballarat’s Youth Council is proud to present the 2020 City of Ballarat Youth Awards.
- Challenge and Change Award: Recognises a young person who has made a substantial turn-around in their life. This young person will have demonstrated personal growth whilst overcoming challenges in their day-to-day life. This young person has made valued and respected contributions to the community which resulted in a positive, supportive, safe social and emotional environment.
- Group Project Award: Aims to recognise a group of young people who have volunteered to develop or implement a project which has benefited both the young people involved and the broader community. They have created positive, healthy relationships with their peers, family and community members. The group could be a school group, environmental group, volunteer organisation group, club or similar.
- Leadership in Sport Award: This award recognises a young person (as an individual or as part of a team) who has made a difference in their club, team, organisation or community. They have demonstrated values such as commitment, fairness, teamwork, cooperation and leadership in sport. This includes club volunteers, coaches, umpires, team members and players who go above and beyond.
- Influential Artist Award: This award aims to recognise and promote the influence of a young artist in the community. This person uses their passion and creative skills to inspire and positively influence others. These areas of art include music, literature, theatre, visual arts, design and multimedia.
- Positive Leader Award: This award recognises a young person who fosters a positive sense of community. This person has shown leadership while working together with others in an encouraging and helpful way. They may have led youth initiatives or held positions of leadership in committees or groups.
- Compassion and Care Award: Recognises a young individual who demonstrates true compassion and care for others – in their personal life or broader community. This award acknowledges the outstanding contribution these individuals make through actions to improve the quality of life for others with empathy and kindness.
- Youth Volunteer Award: Aims to recognise a young person who makes an outstanding effort to contribute to the community through volunteering. This person shows great dedication and commitment to the program(s) that they support. This person creates positive images, is a role model and shares their stories as well as other stories with the community.
- STEM Award: This award aims to recognise the power STEM learners have to change the world and the future by harnessing science, technology, engineering and maths in innovative ways. This person is having a positive impact on their future by increasing their employability skills, engaging in meaningful learning and having fun along the way. This person may learn independently or as part of a learning network.
- Young Entrepreneur Award: The young entrepreneur award aims to recognise those who have lead or continue to lead a successful business, social enterprise or innovation. This person has lead the way with fine qualities of determination and equity and has used these qualities to contribute to their area of passion.
- Adult Ally – Volunteer: This award is open to those of 25 years and older. It aims to recognise an individual who has helped make a difference to young people in their community. Through demonstrating that it is possible to be a mature and highly valued member of the community, they show the young people they volunteer with that anything is possible. This award is not for someone who is employed in the youth field.
- Adult Ally – Worker This award is open to those of 25 years and older. It aims to recognise the contribution made by a paid worker, who goes above and beyond their usual requirements by working with and supporting young people in the community. This person could be a youth worker, school counsellor, teacher or similar.
- How has the nominee shown contribution to the community?
- How would you rate the nominee’s dedication to their field (if relevant)?
- Rate the conditions in which the nominee reached achievement in their field.
- Rate the nominee’s initiative in their field.
- To what extent is the quality of the nominee’s work/contribution?
- What is the time committed by the nominee to their field (if relevant)?
For more information, visit https://youthawards.ballarat.vic.gov.au/