Deadline: 20 July 2020
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), Ministry of Youth and Sports of the People`s Republic of Bangladesh and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People`s Republic of Bangladesh is organizing “Resilient Youth Leadership Summit” as the first ever activity under the frame work of Dhaka – OIC Youth Capital 2020 International Programme on 27 – 28 July 2020.
- To seek innovative ideas and solutions from the youth on how to better manage the COVID-19 crisis in terms of addressing the emergency as well as building post-COVID resilience.
- To incorporate youth in policy formulation process.
- To introduce the “Displaced Persecuted Rohingya Community from Myanmar” to the participants.
- To build up a sense of awareness among the youth about the ordeal and struggle of the Rohingya Community.
- Policy Simulation Session(s) on Building Resilience in the context of COVID-19 pandemic
- Virtual Tour to Rohingya Camp (In partnerships with UNHCR, IOM and the University of Cambridge):
- Historical Background of the Rohingya Crisis
- Virtual Tour in Cox’s Bazar Rohingya Camp
- Dialogue on Rohingya Crisis: (a) Justice and Accountability Issues and (b) Operational Issues: Rohingya Camp Management
- Virtual Live Interactive Session with the persecuted Rohingya Community.
- Submission of a “Summit Outcome” on the “Role of Youth Leadership in Time of Crisis”.
Programme Format and Timeline
- The programme will be a combination of theoretical and interactive sessions via zoom.
- Timeline: 27 – 28 July 2020
Note: The online platform and its technical information pack will be shared only with the selected participants.
Full attended participants will be awarded with a verified certificate issued by Government of Bangladesh and Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF).
- Young people from all over the world.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
- Aged between 18–35
- Interested in social works.
- Interested in International Humanitarian Law
- Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria.
- Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected.
- The general information on selection results will be posted at “Dhaka – OIC Youth Capital 2020” website and its official social media accounts as well as ICYF website and social media accounts.
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
For more information, visit https://dhaka.oicyouthcapital.com/resilient-youth-leadership-summit/