ASEAN-Australia Strategic Youth Partnership (AASYP) Reset is a virtual innovation challenge inviting recent graduates, current university students and young professionals of all disciplines across ASEAN and Australia to collaborate on projects that foster stronger people to people connections between youth in region.
- Encourage greater knowledge-sharing network-building
- Foster cross-cultural and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Upskill and support youth in the region to develop and scale ideas that have potential to create long-term impact in their communities
AASYP Reset provides an opportunity for youth to develop their entrepreneurial capacity, build personal and professional connections and showcase their creativity and innovation to a diverse public audience.
AASYP Reset consists of an online skills module, a sprint weekend and a final pitch event and will take place virtually in September and October 2020. The online skills module aims to provide participants with a foundational understanding of key design thinking methodologies.
Work in a team of between two to four people, registered participants will conduct research, apply design thinking approaches and reimagine new possibilities to enhance people to people relations between youth across Australia and the ASEAN region.
- Online skills module: Registered teams will have exclusive access to a three-part online skills module, curated to equip them with a foundational understanding of developing a team vision, ideation techniques and pitching tips.
- Sprint weekend: Teams will have opportunities to join short Q&A sessions with mentors and/or have access to videos where mentors share some top tips on how to strengthen their submission.
- Mini idea incubator: Finalists will be introduced to mentors via video call. Teams and mentors will then decide how to communicate throughout the rest of this period to refine their idea and prepare for the final pitch.
- Final pitch: The final pitch is an opportunity to showcase contemporary Australian and Southeast Asian creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship to a large public audience, and network with people from a range of disciplines.
- The winning team, as selected by the judging panel during the final pitch event, will receive $1000 AUD to support the implementation of their project.
- The People’s Choice Winner will be determined through a live public voting process during the final pitch event, and will receive $750 AUD to support the implementation of their project.
- Registrations are open to all Australian and ASEAN nationals aged 18-29. They are looking for a diverse range of participants who are interested in developing their cross-cultural competencies and are passionate about strengthening people to people relations. They strongly encourage recent graduates, current students or young professionals or entrepreneurs in the early stages of your journey to get involved!
- There is no cost to participate.
Why should I register?
- Cross-cultural communication and intercultural awareness
- Awareness of the importance of people to people relations
- Design thinking, entrepreneurial and creative problem solving skills
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Public speaking and pitching
- Collaborate with others on shared issues of concern
- Connect with fantastic mentors and judges
- Creative problem solving and entrepreneurial capabilities
- Showcase projects and generate sustained interest and support for its future implementation
For more information, visit https://aasyp.org/aasyp-reset/