Do you know a leader under 40 who is making an impact on the world and innovating towards the greater good? If yes, then nominate them to join the Young Global Leaders Class of 2022. The Forum of Young Global Leaders is an initiative of the World Economic Forum.
Over the past 15 years, Young Global Leaders have gone on to lead their countries, serve their communities, launch groundbreaking initiatives, expand access to resources, and shake up traditional ways of doing business.
The mission of the Forum of Young Global Leaders is to create a dynamic global community of exceptional people with the vision, courage and influence to drive positive change in the world.
- Inspire: YGLs are motivated to use their talent and influence to be a force for good. They cultivate collective and individual leadership to help develop informed, visionary global change-makers.
- Connect: YGLs believe that by pooling their diverse skills, experiences and networks they can achieve more together. They foster collaboration in the global public interest.
- Transform: YGLs are pioneering and bold. They identify and champion ways to scale-up, amplify and accelerate their impact, to make more of a difference in their communities and beyond.
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger at the nomination.
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the business sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): President, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from their qualifying company every two years.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- 30 April 2021 – Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
- June – July 2021 – The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
- September – December 2021 – The selection committee and Young Global Leaders Advisory Group reviews top candidates.
- March 2022 – A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
* Due to a large number of nominations received, the Forum of Young Global Leaders only contacts successful candidates. Some candidates may be contacted as part of the due diligence process.
- Generosity: They take time to listen and support each other at a deep, human level. They go out of their way to make a difference to one another’s work. They’re inclusive. They challenge each other and make diversity a source of strength.
- Authenticity: They bring their real selves to the community. They open up. They seek humility and acknowledge what they don’t know, so they can learn from others. They value each other as individuals, beyond the roles they occupy.
- Respect: They communicate respect, even when they deeply disagree. They earn trust and honour the commitments they make to one another. They strive for transparency in the way they operate and hold each other accountable.
- Impact: They operate as a force for good and stand for something larger than themselves. They imagine a better world and take personal responsibility to act. They capitalize on diverse talents and networks to achieve more together than could alone. They overcome barriers that elsewhere stand in the way of progress.
For more information, visit https://www.younggloballeaders.org/nomination-criteria