Deadline: 31 January 2020
Aged 16-30 and working on a project with a European dimension? Apply for the 2020 Charlemagne Youth Prize and win funds to further develop your initiative.
Projects can be submitted individually or, preferably, in groups. They should promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration; and provide role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
Previous winners have been awarded for projects such as youth exchanges, events in the fields of sports, arts or culture or may take the form of online projects with a European dimension.
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
- The prize for the best project is €7500, the second €5000 and the third €2500.
- As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
- One representative of each of the 28 national winning projects will be invited to the award ceremony on 19 May 2020 and a stay of several days in Aachen, Germany.
- The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
Young people aged between 16 and 30 from any EU Member States can submit projects for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize.
For more information, visit http://www.europarl.europa.eu/charlemagneyouthprize/en/2020.html