Deadline: 24 July 2017
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) is seeking applications for its “Innovations Against Poverty Fund (IAP)” to stimulate private sector development initiatives which otherwise would not have taken place.
The IAP fund functions as a risk sharing mechanism, with the specific mandate to identify and support innovative Inclusive Business models that deliver both commercial benefits for the private sector and developmental benefits -such as the creation of jobs, income increase and access to basic goods and services- for low income people, prioritizing women and youth.
- Agriculture and food: including, but not limited to, achieve food security and improved nutrition; promote sustainable agriculture.
- WASH: including, but not limited to, availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Energy: including, but not limited to, access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- ICT: including, but not limited to, access to technologies and services that help deliver solutions in the sectors above or other basic needs.
IAP will provide funding within the following range: From €50 000 up to €200 000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- In order to apply for IAP, the lead applicant must be a private sector company (registered or to be registered).
- NGOS, informal companies and cooperatives are; however, welcome to apply in a partnership with a private company, as long as the private company is the lead applicant.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The IAP application process is organized around two phases: the submission of a concept note and if shortlisted the submission of a full business plan.
- Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Innovations against Poverty.