Deadline: 5 April 2019
U.S. Embassy Bangkok is seeking proposal submissions for a grant to design, implement, and oversee the 2019 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Summit (YSEALI Summit).
The four-five day Summit will gather approximately 150 participants aged 18-35. The award recipient should design a high-energy, dynamic YSEALI Summit to give the next generation of Southeast Asian leaders the opportunity to develop solutions, partnerships, and ideas around the 2019 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) theme, “Advancing Partnership for Sustainability.”
The award recipient will be responsible for planning and administering all components and aspects of a youth-focused YSEALI Summit to take place in Thailand between October and December 2019, based on scheduling availability. The four to five day YSEALI Summit will gather approximately 150 participants aged 18-35. The award recipient should schedule the Summit event at a mutually agreed upon date and location in Thailand; design the YSEALI Summit application materials; develop an outreach and recruitment plan; receive and screen applications in collaboration with the U.S. Department of State; identify and secure speakers; plan YSEALI Summit events and workshops; develop the agenda in cooperation with U.S. Embassy Bangkok; and oversee travel logistics. The YSEALI Summit budget should be inclusive of all accommodations and meal arrangements for YSEALI Summit participants and speakers. The award recipient should generate content for traditional and social media distribution, and measure program results. The budget should include costs for promotional materials such as t-shirts, bags, and pens, as well as program and promotional material.
Priority Region: ASEAN and Timor-Leste
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $500,000 to a maximum of $600,000
- Total possible funding level, contingent on funds availability: $600,000
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- U.S. Embassy Bangkok welcomes applications from U.S.-based and foreign non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO); and U.S. and foreign private, public, or state institutions of higher education.
- For-profit organizations are not eligible to apply. Successful applications will demonstrate strong linkages with a Thailand-based partner organization.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website,
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=313307