Deadline: 12 September 2019
Applications are now open for LIFE Climate Action Program with an aim to contribute to the development and demonstration of innovative climate change adaptation technologies, systems, methods and instruments that are suitable for being replicated, transferred or mainstreamed.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The priority area Climate Change Adaptation has in particular the following specific objectives as set out in Article 15 of the LIFE Regulation:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- to contribute to the development and implementation of Union policy on climate change adaptation, including main streaming across policy areas, in particular by developing, testing and demonstrating policy or management approaches, best practices and solutions for climate change adaptation, including, where appropriate, ecosystem-based approaches;
- to improve the knowledge base for the development, assessment, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of effective climate change adaptation actions and measures, prioritising, where appropriate, those applying an ecosystem-based approach, and to enhance the capacity to apply that knowledge in practice;
- to facilitate the development and implementation of integrated approaches, such as for climate change adaptation strategies and action plans, at local, regional or national level, prioritising, where appropriate, ecosystem-based approaches.
- to contribute to the development and demonstration of innovative climate change adaptation technologies, systems, methods and instruments that are suitable for being replicated, transferred or mainstreamed.
EU Climate Policy Objectives
- Climate change is having a variety of impacts on our health, ecosystems and economy, often in interaction with other factors such as land-use change. Many economic sectors are directly dependent on climatic conditions and are already facing the impact of climate change in areas such as agriculture, forestry, beach and snow tourism, health and fisheries.
- The EU Strategy on Adaptation to Climate Change, adopted in April 2013, provides a framework and mechanisms to improve the preparedness of the EU for current and future impacts of climate change. It recognizes that improved access to funding is critical in building a climate-resilient Europe.
- Objectives and priorities for funding adaptation to climate change are specified in the EU Adaptation Strategy and in the LIFE Multiannual Work Programme 2018-2020.
EU Policy Areas
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Proposals within the following policy areas are encouraged:
- Urban adaptation and land use planning which limits the impacts of climate change;
- Resilience of infrastructure, including application of blue-green infrastructure and ecosystem-based approaches to adaptation;
- Sustainable management of water in drought-prone areas, flood and coastal management;
- Resilience of agricultural, forestry and tourism sectors, including in island and mountain areas;
- Support to the EU’s Outermost Regions: preparedness for extreme weather events, notably in coastal areas.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Anyone registered in the EU can make a proposal for LIFE traditional, integrated, preparatory, and technical assistance projects under the sub-programmes for climate action.
Applicants could be an:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- public body operating under a national government’s authority, e.g. local authority, national administration etc.
- private commercial organisation
- private non-commercial organisation (NGOs etc.)
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2U77C3U