Deadline: 30 September 2019
The Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) and the CGIAR Research Programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) has announced a call for proposal for the 3rd round of the CLIFF-GRADS Scholarship programme.
CLIFF-GRADS is a joint initiative of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change (CCAFS) low emissions development flagship and the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA). CLIFF-GRADS aims to build the capability of early career agricultural students in developing countries to conduct applied research on climate change mitigation in agriculture. Research projects are hosted by CCAFS and GRA members and partners. Funding for CLIFF-GRADS is provided by the Government of New Zealand and by the CGIAR Trust Fund and bilateral agreements in support of CCAFS.
Applications are requested on either of two themes:
- measurement and mitigation of agricultural greenhouse gas emissions or carbon storage in agricultural systems in developing countries, including in the context of enhancing food security;
- quantification and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions from reduced food loss in high emission supply chains (e.g. dairy, beef, vegetables, fruits) in developing countries, including estimation of costs and constraints to mitigation.
- Selected students will be sponsored from 10,000-12,000 USD for the short-term (4-6 months) research stays advertised in this call.
- The grants will be used to support living and research costs at the host institution.
- Grants may not be used for tuition or unrelated personal expenses.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled PhD students in a field related to quantification of greenhouse gas emissions or carbon sequestration in agricultural systems.
- Applicants must be students from a developing country.
- Previous CLIFF-GRADS are not eligible to apply.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Overall level of research experience;
- Relevance of thesis topic or other research experience to the research opportunity to which applicant are applying;
- Clear description of how the CLIFF-GRADS experience will improve applicants scientific capacity.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the online CLIFF-GRADS Round 3 Survey, which can be found in the given website.
- Applicants must email a single PDF document containing their Curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter, and a letter of support from their current supervisor at the address given on the website.
For more informatioin, please visit https://globalresearchalliance.org/n/call-for-applications-cliff-grads-scholarship-round-three/