Deadline: 1 April 2020
PRIMA is seeking applications for Agro-food Value Chain 2020 on Valorising the health benefits of the Traditional Mediterranean food products.
The Mediterranean diet is considered by the UNESCO as one “Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity” identifying several Mediterranean countries. Together with appropriate techniques of food processing and the correct life-style historically associated to the Mediterranean societies, a balanced diet has been recognized for having multiple health benefits.
However, dietary habits of the population of the Mediterranean basin have been changing during the last decades mainly for the increasing incidence of social phenomena (e.g. fast meals/or junk food), with negative health consequences such as rises in obesity and incidence of non-communicable diseases (such as diabetes, heart attacks, cancer).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The shift in the Mediterranean food consumption patterns and trends should be appraised under a holistic approach where the acceptance and affordability of the traditional Mediterranean food products is considered into a broader Mediterranean lifestyle concept (thus including socio-economic, physical activity, psychosocial and behavioural determinants). In doing so, the overall focus of the local food production system should be on sustainable consumption of healthy diet.
The activities should aim to develop innovative food products based on consumer-centred re-design of traditional Mediterranean recipes and ingredients, in order to satisfy consumer demand in terms of healthiness, convenience, ease of preparation, taste acceptability, and use of ingredients exploiting the local biodiversity also as an element of cultural identity. The nutritional value of the developed food products should be at the centre of the process of valorisation of Mediterranean food product, along with a focus on food technologies to preserve the healthiness and quality of these products.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The activities should also consider the market receptivity for the developed products to predict the extent of the shift in the adherence to the Mediterranean diet consequent to its commercialization, according to the frequency of consumption in the target populations, based on its lifestyle determinants, such as socio-economic, physical activity, psychosocial and behavioural. Finally, the action should be in line with the development of national and/or regional strategies and policies to ensure the provision of healthy, safe and sustainable food products along the whole Agri-food value chain. Proposals should fall under the concept of the multi-actor approach.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Optimized eco-friendly food processing technologies and tools to preserve the original nutritional value and enrich the valuable bioactive contents in the final food products, compared to conventional methods;
- Development of new value-added foods products/forms from traditional Mediterranean diet with proven health benefits, accompanied with proper understanding of the markets and high end-customers satisfaction and trust;
- Development of efficient national/regional strategies, addressing the critical gaps and valorising the potential opportunities in the Mediterranean countries nutrition policy and considering the socio-economic and health impacts, that balance the dietary habits of Mediterranean consumers and the sustainability of Agri-food resources;
- Contribution to improved dynamics of Mediterranean lifestyle (diet, physical activity and socio-cultural habits) as an important element of the Mediterranean cultural inheritance.
Total indicative amount allocated to this call: EUR 8.8 million
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Countries Eligible for Funding
Legal entities established in the following countries and territories will be eligible to receive funding through PRIMA grants:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The following Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU): Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia. It includes the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to these Member States.
- The following Third Countries associated to Horizon 2020 (AC): Israel, Tunisia, and Turkey.
- The following Third Countries not associated to Horizon 2020 (TC), having concluded international agreements for scientific and technological cooperation setting out the terms and conditions of their participation in PRIMA: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Morocco.
- These Associated (AC) and Third Countries (TC) mentioned above are the Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPC).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit http://prima-med.org/call-for-proposal/section-1-agro-food-value-chain-2020/