(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- The general objective of this call for proposals is to set up climate smart food production systems (mitigation and adptation) in West Africa through experimentation (research-action) and capitalizing innovative practices and mechanisms focusing on:
- Adaptation, so as to ensure food and nutrition security in a climate change siituation (seeds selection, climate services, agro-ecological practices, early warning systems..);
- Soil restoration (4 per 1000, agroforestry, etc.);
- Mitigation (carbon sequestration, renewable energy in the processing units, etc.);
- Competitiveness and sustainabilty of the regional production sectors.
- The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- To fund innovative projects with high replication and/or scaling potential and likely to mobilize additional funds, including from the private sector. This requirement on innovativeness will not focus only the techical/technological aspects, and the experiments may address the entire agricultural value chain (inputs, production, processing and distribution);
- To promote partnership approaches (including between different stakeholder categories in order to streamline actions on behalf of climate smart farmers agriculture.
- To document actual experiments and organize research-action on climate smart agriculture in West Africa, through a strong component on project capitalization.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The overall indicative amount available under thiscall for proposals is 2 657 251 EUR EUR. Expertise France reserves the right to not allocate all available funds
- Amount of Grants
- minimum amount: 150 000 EUR ;
- maximum amount: 230 000 EUR
The initial expected duration of an action cannot be less than 12 months nor exceed 20 months.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- To be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Be a legal person ; and
- Be non-profit ; and
- Belong to one of the following categories:
- Be established in a member State of the ECOWAS, in Chad or Mauritania or in a member State of the European Union and;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with co-applicants(s) and the affiliated entity(ies) and not act as an intermediary; and
- Be able to manage the entire project from design to implementation in the long term, and therefore have at least:
- experience in coordinating a project ( including the administrative and financial management, monitoring and evaluation and capitalization components) of similar size and in the same sector ; and o experience in implementing a project in partnership with an eligible actor of a different nature than that of the leader.
- Co-applicants participate in the definition and implementation of the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same wayas those incurred by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must meet the eligibilty criteria that apply to the lead applicant itself .
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicants may act with one or more affiliated entities.
- Only the following entities may be considered affiliated to the lead applicant and/or co-applicant(s):
- Only entities structurally related to the applicants( the lead applicant or a co-applicant) in particular in capital or legal terms.
- This structural link mainly covers two notions:
- Control, as meant by Directive 2013/34/UE on annual financial statements and related reports of certain types of enterprises:
- Entities affiliated to an applicant may therefore be:
- Entities controlled directly or indirectly by the applicant (subsidiary or subsidiary of first rank, or controlled by an entity itself controlled by the applicant (sub-subsidiaries or second level subsidiaries). This is valid for other levels of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent company. In the same way, it may be entities controlling a company controlling the applicant;
- Entities with the same level of direct or indirect level as the applicant (siter companies)
- Membership, i.e. the applicant is legally defined as e.g. a network, a federation, an association to which the affiliated entity participates or the applicant participates in the same organization (e.g. network, federation or association) than the proposed affiliated entity.
For more information, visit https://www.expertisefrance.fr/offer-detail?id=798128