The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) has announced a Call for Expression of Interest (EoI) for Agritech Challenge 2021 to help co-create and/or adapt their solutions for smallholders farmers in the following seven countries: Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia in Africa and India, Indonesia, Malaysia in Asia.
- Low Productivity: Improving agriculture productivity to cater to increasing market demand and to enhance smallholder farmers’ income.
- Climate Risk: Building income continuity, insurance and information/ intelligence services to increase resilience for smallholder farmers against climate change and natural hazard induced shocks.
- Inefficient Supply Chains: Improving supply chains efficiency and market & pricing transparency.
- Product research and design: Providing inputs and expertise to better understand the customer behaviour, needs and journey across participating countries, for better product design and use-case development
- Go-to-market industry linkages: Connecting the participants with suitable market enablers and industry partners in their chosen country to help design, test and pilot the solution
- Mentoring and insights: Providing inputs and knowledge from sector and technology domain experts across the participating countries to help create a viable solution
- Market expansion guidance: Conducting informative sessions and guidance on regulatory & compliance landscape and local market linkages across the participating countries through a network of innovation hubs and experts
- Access to network of investors: Enabling introductions and linkages with the investor community to facilitate fund-raising for the solution
- Partnerships: Facilitating partnerships with stakeholders – including financial institutions and industry – to help grow sustainably. UNCDF acts as a neutral facilitator of partnerships with private and public organizations
- Policy and Advocacy: Convening efforts to support an enabling environment and for solutions to be piloted.
- A start-up registered in any of the participating countries, with at least 2 years of operations
- Start-up with at least –
- USD 150,000 average annual revenue in the last 2 years; OR
- USD 100,000 average annual revenue in the last 3 years
- The start-up must address at least one of the three challenge areas in at least one of the participating countries
- Start-up should have a live solution / business with an active customer and/or user base, and not in development or testing phase
- Active customer/ user defined as having transacted with the solution at least once in the last 90 days
For more information, visit https://www.uncdf.org/article/6981/expression-of-interest-agritech-challenge-2021