MassChallenge announces the creation of its Sustainable Food vertical, apply now to the Sustainable Food Track part of the Accelerator.
Feeding the planet’s population sustainably is one of society’s biggest challenges. MassChallenge has partnered with some of the biggest corporations in Food production (Nestlé, Bühler, Givaudan, DSM, Louis Dreyfus Company, and more), to find, accelerate, and collaborate with startups, so that the startup’s business grows and they make massive impact to society.
The Track will also include startups who have attended MassChallenge Israel and Mexico Food Tracks.
- Early-stage startups can apply to the Global Sustainable Food track. This accelerator track is operated by MassChallenge Switzerland, and run as part of the Swiss early-stage accelerator program.
- Startups are accepted from any location in the world and will benefit from unrivalled access to the world’s leading food companies, access to 400+ experts, a tailored food specific curriculum, and the opportunity to compete for up to CHF 1M in non-dilutive cash prizes.
- The accelerator runs from July to October. MassChallenge only accepts startups whose solution will add value to society, and all startups in the accelerator will be advised about how to make their business climate responsible and must intend to offset their emissions or actively reduce GHG to be considered.
- Unrivaled access to global corporate partners, including Nestlé, Bühler, Givaudan, DSM, Louis Dreyfus Company, General Mills, and Südzucker;
- World-class mentoring from 400+ experts and tailored programming provided with no equity taken in return;
- The opportunity to compete for up to CHF 1M in non-dilutive cash prizes and other in-kind awards;
- For Food and Climate focused startups an additional cash prize of CHF 100k no-strings-attached for the Louis Dreyfus Company Climate Resilience Prize
- A proven model that has helped more than 65% of finalists raise funds during or immediately after the program.
- Startups, from all locations, will be required to travel to Switzerland to attend the Half-Time activities. These events generate connections and facilitate collaboration with the partners, mentors, and investors. They maximize startups’ benefits from the program. The remainder of the program operates online.
- Startups based in the US have the option of being residents in MassChallenge’s offices in Boston or Texas. US Startups will be expected to travel to Switzerland for physical events. On top, they will be able to attend MassChallenge’s local activities in the US.
For more information, visit MassChallenge.