Deadline: 5 November 2019
The awards do this by:
- connecting organizations new to Darwin with partners who have experience of managing successful Darwin Projects; and/or
- supporting work to build new partnerships between applicant organizations
- A successful Partnership Project should lead to a Main Darwin Initiative project application.
Partnership Projects support activities which might previously have been supported under a Darwin scoping award.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objective of the Darwin Initiative is to protect and enhance biodiversity and, in doing so, to contribute to sustainable development in developing countries.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applications for partnership projects must be to establish new partnerships and must not simply be to continue existing working relationships. Darwin Initiative would normally expect applications from partnerships involving around 2-4 organizations.
- Partnership Project lead applicants must also meet all of the following criteria:
- have recognized expertise in the sustainable use or conservation of biodiversity and/or development;
- have a proven track record of managing biodiversity-related and/or natural resource orientated development projects in partnership with local organizations
- can provide evidence of work which has had an impact on the sustainable use and conservation of biodiversity and/or sustainable economic development
- can demonstrate that alternative funding – including financial support from their own organization – is not available to develop the Darwin project proposal in consultation with their partners. Partnership project funding should not be seen as an alternative to seeking matched funding from other sources.
- Partnership Project partners:
- must include at least one organization that has not previously received Darwin funding .
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/darwin-initiative-partnership-projects