Deadline: 3 December 2018
Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund (KNCF) has announced a 2019 KNCF Grant Program.
The nature of the fund is to provide assistance for nature conservation efforts implemented by NGO/NPO in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region and also provide assistance for nature conservation efforts and sustainable use of nature resources in Japan.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Since its establishment, 32 million US dollars have been granted to approximately 1,000 projects through KNCF (Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund). KNCF/KCNC supports a wide range of projects mainly on biodiversity conservation including natural resources management and rare species conservation and others such as plantation or environmental education.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Expenses for purchasing or leasing materials and goods, for purchasing land, for purchasing or installing temporary buildings, or for their repair.
- Personnel costs (labor costs for temporary staff, honoraria paid to experts, etc.)
- Travel, transportation, and lodging expenses (utility charges for local office, food, etc.)
- Communication and printing expenses (including translation and publication-related costs)
Projects meeting all of the following four conditions:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Projects carried out for the purpose of nature conservation in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. Priority is given to projects for preserving biodiversity.
- Projects expected to receive appropriate levels of cooperation from the host governmental agencies, related international organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and the local citizenry.
- Projects that do not serve the special interests of any specific corporation or individuals.
- Projects that will be carried out by persons with sufficient scientific expertise, or with the advice and cooperation of persons having such expertise.
A group or organization meeting all of the following three conditions:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- A group capable of making appropriate reports, as requested by the Fund, regarding progress in implementing the funded project and its financial status including budgetary matters and settlements of account.
- A group with corporate status or a similar level of public trust.
- A group with a record of at least three years of carrying out nature conservation projects.
Based on the results of scoring by specialists or academic experts, the steering committee will perform an overall evaluation mainly according to the following criteria as the basis for selection.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- It must be an appropriate and effective project grounded in an awareness of current problems.
- The project plan must be feasible.
- A suitable budget plan for implementing the project must be presented.
- The applying organization must be seen to have sufficient experience and capability for carrying out the project activities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States
For more information, please visit Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund.