Deadline: 10 July 2019
The National Geographic Society is seeking proposals from around the world that will support on the ground priorities of IUCN SSC Species Conservation Plans (e.g. Action Plans, Conservation Strategies, Population and Habitat Viability Assessments) as well as conservation actions that are endorsed by the relevant IUCN SSC Species Specialist Group.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
In partnership with the IUCN SSC and Fondation Segré, the goal of this request for funding is to halt further biodiversity decline by implementing species conservation plans for species and groups of species.
Preference will be given to proposals that include feasible plans to demonstrate change in key, quantifiable indicators of: for example, reduction in drivers of population decline (e.g. unsustainable hunting, fishing or logging); or increase in numbers, degree of protection, or connectivity of populations of the target species or group of species.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The mandate of the IUCN Species Survival Commission (SSC) is to “stimulate, promote and support conservation actions for halting biodiversity decline, preventing species’ extinctions, and restoring and conserving intact habitats and ecosystems, both on the ground and in the water”.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Proposals that focus on the following themes are encouraged:
- Specific and defensible priority actions to avert decline of a species or group of species;
- Projects that include the active involvement of early career conservationists;
- Projects that support conservation leaders from the countries where the species or group of species occur.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Typical proposal requests should be less than $30,000; however, applicants may request up to $50,000.
- Successful applicants may use awarded funds over one or two years. Up to 20 percent of the total can be used as a stipend for the applicant and/or team members.
- All applications should include a clear review of the state of knowledge about the topic and a plan for evaluating the outcomes of the proposed work.
- They require that all applications include a letter of endorsement signed by Chair, Regional or Thematic Leader of the relevant IUCN SSC Species Specialist Group. This endorsement letter should indicate that the proposal either:
- Explicitly address priorities defined in a published IUCN SSC action plan, which applicant can find on the given website.
- Addresses a conservation action identified as a priority even though no plan for the particular species or group of species has yet been published.
- Please note that applications without a completed and signed endorsement letter will not be considered.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.nationalgeographic.org/funding-opportunities/grants/what-we-fund/species-recovery/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.