Deadline: 13 October 2019
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for the Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund Small Grants Programme that exists to help provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programmes with clear conservation value.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund support their own staff to develop or utilise their specialist skills and participate in field conservation initiatives. These can be projects led by Auckland Zoo or by other conservation partners. On average, the Zoo spends approximately 11,000 hours working on around 40 projects around New Zealand and overseas to conserve wildlife and wild habitat.
Types of Project
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Project applications will score more highly during the selection process if they:
- Are likely to have a direct conservation impact
- Are collaborative and involve a local conservation organisation
- Are logistically feasible, and fiscally and scientifically sound
- Include an assessment of how well the project achieved its conservation objectives
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Grants of up to NZD $5000 are available. However, in most cases, successful grants will be between NZD $2000 and NZD $4000.
- The application must represent a minimum of 25% of the project’s overall budget (excluding in-kind support). This means that the maximum budget a project applying for a Category 3 grant can be is NZD $20,000.
Eligible projects must:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Have a clear conservation value
- Be based in New Zealand or in a developing country (although applicants can be based anywhere in the world)
- Be aligned with the geographic or taxonomic scope of the current small grants round (if applicable). From time to time their Small Grants Programme is focused on a particular region of the world (e.g the South Pacific) or a particular group of species (e.g. Invertebrates).
How to Apply
- The application must be completed on the standard Auckland Zoo form and saved in Microsoft Word format.
- The application must be submitted electronically. Hard copy submissions are not accepted. All application materials must be attached to a single email sent to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/get-involved/conservation-fund
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.