Deadline: 13 October 2019
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for the Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund Small Grants Programme that exists to help provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programmes with clear conservation value.
Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund support their own staff to develop or utilise their specialist skills and participate in field conservation initiatives. These can be projects led by Auckland Zoo or by other conservation partners. On average, the Zoo spends approximately 11,000 hours working on around 40 projects around New Zealand and overseas to conserve wildlife and wild habitat.
Types of Project
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Project applications will score more highly during the selection process if they:
- Are likely to have a direct conservation impact
- Are collaborative and involve a local conservation organisation
- Are logistically feasible, and fiscally and scientifically sound
- Include an assessment of how well the project achieved its conservation objectives
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Grants of up to NZD $5000 are available. However, in most cases, successful grants will be between NZD $2000 and NZD $4000.
- The application must represent a minimum of 25% of the project’s overall budget (excluding in-kind support). This means that the maximum budget a project applying for a Category 3 grant can be is NZD $20,000.
Eligible projects must:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Have a clear conservation value
- Be based in New Zealand or in a developing country (although applicants can be based anywhere in the world)
- Be aligned with the geographic or taxonomic scope of the current small grants round (if applicable). From time to time their Small Grants Programme is focused on a particular region of the world (e.g the South Pacific) or a particular group of species (e.g. Invertebrates).
How to Apply
- The application must be completed on the standard Auckland Zoo form and saved in Microsoft Word format.
- The application must be submitted electronically. Hard copy submissions are not accepted. All application materials must be attached to a single email sent to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/get-involved/conservation-fund
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.