Deadline: 1 November 2019
The Conservation Alliance is seeking applications for its grant program to protect threatened wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational values.
As a group of outdoor industry companies, the Alliance recognizes their responsibility to help protect the wild lands and waterways on which their customers recreate and wildlife thrives. The Conservation Alliance is a group of outdoor businesses that supports efforts to protect specific wild places for their habitat and recreation values.
Grant requests can be made up to $50,000.
- The Alliance makes grants to registered 501(c) (3) organizations whose work meets each of the following criteria:
- The project should seek to secure permanent and quantifiable protection of a specific wild land or waterway. The Alliance prioritizes landscape-scale projects that have a clear benefit for habitat.
- The campaign should engage grassroots citizen action in support of the conservation effort. The Alliance does not fund general education, stewardship, or scientific research projects.
- All projects must have a clear recreational benefit.
- The project should have a good chance of final success within four years.
- The Alliance also welcome proposals from organizations for campaigns that:
- Seek to preserve and defend the integrity of their public lands system.
- These defensive projects should focus on any attempt by Congress to undermine their public lands and the laws that support them.
How to Apply
- Before applying for funding, an organization must first be nominated by one of the member companies.
- Members nominate organizations by completing and submitting a nomination form.
- The Alliance will then send each nominated organization a request for proposal (RFP) instructing them how to submit a full request.
For more information, please visit http://www.conservationalliance.com/how-to-apply/