Deadline: 5 September 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Uganda(USAID/Uganda) is seeking applications from qualified entities to implement theUSAID/Uganda Biodiversity For Resilience Activity.
The goal of the USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience activity is to assist communities, the GOU and the private sector to conserve and manage biodiversity in target ecosystems for lasting environmental and economic sustainability and increased community and household resilience.
The activity will support community wildlife conservancies and protected area management while promoting market-based solutions, including nature-based tourism and other conservation enterprises, to improve stewardship of the natural resources necessary to sustain Uganda’s economic development. Revenues from biodiversity are a significant potential source of income and employment for local communities.
The activity will achieve this through three interrelated outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Economic, financial, and social investments are linked to and incentivize conservation
- Outcome 2: Governance arrangements benefit biodiversity and enable communities to benefit from biodiversity
- Outcome 3: GOU strengthens its sustainable management of targeted protected areas and biodiversity adjacent to protected areas
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $15,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $15,000,000
Threats to Biodiversity
There are multiple threats to biodiversity in Uganda:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Poorly managed agricultural expansion and detrimental agricultural practices
- The quest for energy and economic growth
- Poaching and other illegal activities
- Trans boundary threats
Geographic Focus OR Area of Program Operation
Geographically, USAID/Uganda’s current biodiversity activities focus in protected areas and neighboring communities in Murchison Falls, Lake Mburo, and the Kidepo Valley as well as in the Kalinzu and Budongo Central Forest Reserves. Species focal points include elephants, hippopotamus, large cats, pangolins, giraffe and great apes. Applicants should also consider opportunities in the Queen Elizabeth landscape.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted. USAID policy encourages competition in the award of Grants and Cooperative Agreements. In response to this NOFO, any U.S. or non-U.S. organizations, non-profit, or for-profit entity is eligible to apply.
- USAID/Uganda welcomes applications from all organizations, including organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted via email the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=319195