Deadline: 21 February 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the ‘PROTECT’ Project which is a five-year USAID-funded project implemented by RTI International.
USAID PROTECT activities focus on three key areas:
- policy, research and advocacy;
- institutional strengthening; and
- increasing private investment in the wildlife sector.
Addressing these challenges is essential to safeguarding the future of biodiversity conservation in Tanzania. There are many strategies to do so, such as policy and legal reforms and harmonization, strengthening law enforcement, and encouraging non-state actors to become champions for conservation. For these efforts to be successful, innovative conservation approaches are needed to address conservation threats.
USAID PROTECT aims to support innovative conservation initiatives to address conservation threats, through the award of grants to eligible entities/organizations: local civil society organizations (CSOs), non-government organizations (NGOs), and private sector actors. This activity is also intended to contribute to one of USAID PROTECT’s outcomes, which is to build local Tanzanian capacity to promote biodiversity conservation in Tanzania.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- All grants will be administered according to USAID grant regulations by the USAID PROTECT Activity implementer, RTI International.
- USAID PROTECT anticipates awarding grants to fund eligible applications submitted in response to this Request for Applications (RFA). Applications must range between TZS 114,771,000 (USD50,000) up to TZS 459,082,000 (USD200,000).
Priority Thematic and/or Geographic Areas
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Grants will be for (1) year to support innovative activities that address threats to biodiversity such as wildlife trafficking, human-wildlife conflict, and habitat fragmentation. USAID is interested in receiving applications that address one or more of the following priority thematic and/or geographic areas:
- Private sector partnerships
- Combatting wildlife trafficking
- Conservation of the Eastern Arc Mountains
- Conservation of the Coastal Forests
- Conservation of marine area
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Project activities must take place in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Grant applications and all deliverables must be submitted in English.
- Organizations, Individuals, Activities and Costs that will NOT be Funded.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a completed Grant Application Form and required attachments electronically at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Tanzania
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2BsMtL4