Deadline: 15 November 2018
Wildlife Acoustics is currently inviting applicants for its Scientific Product Grant to support efforts in conservation and environmental stewardship. The programme enables those involved in animal biology, research and conservation to do their best work easily and quickly.
Wildlife Acoustics, Inc., a privately held Massachusetts corporation, is the leading provider of bioacoustics monitoring technology for scientists, researchers, and government agencies worldwide. Their customers monitor birds, bats, frogs, insects, fish, whales, elephants, rhinos and other wildlife.
Wildlife Acoustics has established a grant program to support bioacoustics research efforts from chiropteran, avian, terrestrial, amphibious and marine wildlife, to everything else in between.
Every quarter, Wildlife Acoustics will be giving away up to $5,000 of product to grant recipients worldwide.
- Applications from non-profit organizations worldwide are welcomed to apply.
- US or Non US government agencies are not eligible for the program.
- Project makes significant use of bioacoustics for data collection and/or analysis.
- The work advances scientific knowledge and contributes to long-term conservation.
- The grant award would have significant impact on the success of the project.
- The grant request provides adequate information to evaluate the project, including detailed expected outcomes and use of bioacoustics data to support those outcomes.
- The project should begin in the year that the application is submitted or in the following year if the application is submitted in the off-season.
How to Apply
- Complete all sections in English. Keep the responses to each question to 200 words.
- Applicants must include one letter of recommendation but applicants may submit up to 3 letters of recommendation and/or reference that they feel would be helpful in evaluating the application. These may be separate attachments and must be in English.
- Include a copy of the organization’s certificate/letter of tax exemption that shows tax-exempt and charitable or educational status.
- Applicants must email their completed application to Wildlife Acoustics. (Email address provided on application form.)
- Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Wildlife Acoustics Scientific Product Grant.