Deadline: 29 April 2020
The Foreign Artist Tours component of Arts Across Canada supports Canadian not-for-profit arts organizations to circulate exhibitions or tour artists from around the world and provide new experiences to the Canadian public.
- Grant amount – up to $75 000
- Application limits – each year (1 March – 28/29 February), you can apply to this component twice and receive maximum combined grants of $75 000.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Support for projects involving:
- the circulation or touring of work by international artists, groups or organizations with at least 2 consecutive performances, presentations or exhibitions to 2 different cities, towns, rural communities or reserves in Canada.
In addition to the criteria set out in the applicant profiles, the following activities are not eligible for grants from the Canada Council:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- activities proposed by someone under 18 years old
- activities that are illegal according to the Criminal Code of Canada
- artistic activities that are led by non-professionals (this does not apply to new and early career artists)
- activities that are carried out to satisfy the course requirements of an educational institution
- activities that directly support the delivery of an educational program or course
- activities that are funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) (unless applying to a component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples)
- self-publishing or author-subsidized publishing of literary works (unless applying to a component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples)
- activities carried out by organizations that have not paid, or do not pay, fees or royalties to artists according the standards of the arts practice or sector
- Fundraising activities
- Capital expenditures, unless explicitly eligible
- Contests and competitions (including prizes and awards)
- Contributions to endowment funds
- Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artistic organizations
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
- Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
- Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Travel costs within Canada, including:
- accommodation and per diem
- additional shipping or baggage costs directly related to your activity
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Create an account and submit one or more profile(s) for validation at least 30 days before you want to apply.
For more information, visit https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/grants/arts-across-canada/foreign-artist-tours
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.