Deadline: 15 October 2019
Applications are now open for the American-Australian Arts Fund that will support emerging and early-career Australian, Indigenous Australian, American, Native American, Alaskan Native and Native Hawaiian artists to advance in the fields of theater, film, television, dance, music, visual arts, design, literature, photography and fashion and develop their talents with leading mentors and educators.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
A budget outlining costs for the proposal, detailing other funding sources. Please provide confirmation letters of any confirmed pledges from other funding sources. Please note, applicant can request a maximum of US$5,000 from the Association.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
What will not be funded?
- Per diems
- Legal fees pertaining to the procurement of an artist visa
- Costs associated with friends/partner or family members travelling with the applicant
- Costs associated with recording or publishing
- Production costs for established concerts, art shows, auditions etc.
- Private coaching sessions solicited by the artist
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Applicants must be an Australian or American citizen or permanent resident.
- Australian applicants must be applying for artistic development in America and American applicants must be applying for professional artistic in Australia.
- Applicants must be emerging or early career practicing artists. In exceptional cases, judges may consider providing support for artists who do not fall into the emerging/early career category.
- Applications must be prepared and submitted by the artist (not by a third party).
- Course/project commencement date cannot be more than 8 months after of the application deadline date. If an applicant has already begun their course or project, it cannot be more than 75% complete at the time of the application deadline.
- Applicant cannot apply if they have already been awarded a scholarship/grant by the AAA.
Required supporting documents
All applicants are required to include the following supporting materials to their application:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Artist Statement: please outline applicants purpose for applying to the (no more than 600 words). The essay should cover:
- the goals and objectives of applicants research/study/practice;
- the importance of this research/study/practice to applicants field;
- why travel to the United States/Australia is important for this research/study/practice;
- how applicant will accomplish it in the time period for which the funding has been requested.
- Supporting material: any videos, links, articles, essays or images applicant think will support their application.
- A letter of confirmation from educational organization or nominated host body/mentor (where a formal program of study, internship or mentorship is being undertaken).
- Proof of citizenship/residency status (scanned photo page of applicants passport). Please note; dual citizens of Australia/US are not able to apply for these scholarships or grants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.americanaustralian.org/page/aaartsapply