Deadline: 3 November 2019
Running for nearly a decade, Connections through Culture is a long-term programme to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, supporting long-lasting relationships between China and the UK.
The programme offers support, information, advice, networking opportunities and development grants to artists and arts organisations in China and the UK.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Connections through Culture was established to provide small grants to assist:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- UK arts organisations or individual artists embarking on projects with Chinese arts partners;
- Chinese arts organisations or individual artists embarking on projects with UK arts partners.
Funding is provided in order to further face-to-face discussions needed to develop projects beyond initial expressions of interest.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Grant value is sized up to £2,500;
- The grant will enable either an individual or one member of staff from arts organisation to visit counterparts in China or the UK for one or more of the following reasons:
- Face-to-face project development with an arts organisation(s), e.g. contractual negotiations;
- Seeing and evaluating the work of partner arts organisation(s);
- Developing staff skills needed to realise a project through shadowing counterparts in partner arts organisation(s).
Priority will be given to:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- New partnerships;
- Artists or arts organisations that have not previously received a development grant;
- New projects which have not previously benefited from a development grant;
- Arts organisations or artists who have taken part in a recent Connections through Culture study tour or networking event in China.
Note: Successful applicants will be required to share feedback on their visit.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Any individual artist or non-profit arts organisation which is in the process of developing an arts project with a counterpart arts organisation which may result in an exhibition, performance or public event;
- They expect discussions with the partner to have moved beyond preliminary expressions of interest and the initial research stage.
Applications for development grants will be evaluated by the Connections through Culture committee, drawing on input from their Chinese or UK partner arts organisation(s) where appropriate. Criteria for assessment:
- Evidence of a resulting exhibition, performance or public event;
- Evidence of developed project discussions;
- Evidence of sound partner;
- Long-term sustainability of relationship;
- Usefulness of the grant to further development of project;
- Feasibility of final project including likely long-term impact on the organisations involved.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via give website.
For more information, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.cn/en/programmes/arts/connections-culture
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.