Deadline: 26 August 2019
The Asia New Zealand Foundation Te Whītau Tūhono is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year (2019). To mark this special milestone, they are looking for the top 25 young people who are contributing to New Zealand-Asia relations.
25 to Watch is their way of recognising and celebrating impressive young people (aged 16-25) who not only appreciate that New Zealand’s present and future – economically, culturally and socially – are firmly tied to Asia, but who have also taken action to contribute to greater understanding and stronger relations.
They are committed to developing the next generation of leaders and their 25 to Watch will receive leadership development guidance, including a dedicated mentor, as well as being formally recognised at a special ceremony in October.
Nominations are now open across five categories:
- Business and entrepreneurship: Young people who either through their study, work, entrepreneurism or other projects are contributing to building New Zealand’s business relations with Asia and/or greater awareness of the business opportunities and challenges Asia provides.
- Education, science and research: Young people who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations in the fields of education, science and innovation, or research.
- Community and not-for-profit: Young people who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations through their work at the community level or through the not-for-profit sector.
- Media, arts, culture and sports: Young people using media, arts, culture or sports to strengthen understanding of Asia and New Zealand-Asia relations. This could include work in these sectors.
- Public sector: Young people engaged with the public sector (at either local or national level) through study, work or other projects who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations.
Who should enter?
Through their Leadership Network, business internships and various programmes they meet impressive young people every day – people who make a difference in their communities or industry. And there are many others that they may not be aware of. They are the high achievers who are already demonstrating maturity beyond their years and an ability to inspire and engage others. They may already be role models for their peers or have the potential to become role models. They are already making useful contributions to stronger New Zealand-Asia relations and have the potential to make even greater contributions in the future. They are people to watch.
- To be eligible for consideration for the 25 to Watch:
- Nominees must be aged between 16 and 25 as at June 30, 2019.
- Nominees do not need to be New Zealand citizens or residents but must be able to demonstrate contribution to New Zealand-Asia relations.
- Employees of the Asia New Zealand Foundation and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- An individual can self-nominate or be nominated by a third party.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted via the official nomination form available on the Asia New Zealand Foundation website.
For more information please visit https://www.asianz.org.nz/news/25-young-people-to-watch/