Deadline: 10 July 2020
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria, through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Ukraine, announces a procedure for accepting and selecting proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant within the framework of the official development assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria with an initial implementation deadline in 2021 year.
Aims and scope of the projects:
- Construction and equipment of specialized study rooms – language, laboratories, gyms, etc.;
- Modernization of the infrastructure of educational institutions;
- Updating and replenishing the library stock of educational institutions;
- Organizing training courses for the teaching staff;
- Introduction of modern technologies for improving the quality of the educational process;
- Organizing and conducting festivals (cinema, theater, opera, dance, folklore, music, etc.), exhibitions, concerts, etc.;
- Maintenance, repair and reconstruction of cultural infrastructure (theaters, cinemas, centers, galleries, monuments, memorials);
- Financing and promoting films related to Ukraine’s cultural diversity;
- Establishment of specialized bodies of state and local administration to provide consultative assistance to business representatives with a view to cooperation with the EU;
- Organizing training courses for state and local government employees engaged in assisting the private sector in its cooperation with the EU;
- Supporting the presence of local companies and producers in positioning them in the EU market;
- Improving the quality and capacity of local businesses to cooperate with the EU;
- Financing of journalistic platforms and projects aimed at objective coverage;
- Financing ethnic and minority publications.
The priority areas and areas for project implementation in the territory of Ukraine are:
- Provide inclusive and quality education, incl. by improving school infrastructure
- Preserving cultural diversity and common cultural and historical heritage and promoting intercultural understanding
- Supporting freedom of expression and the media by promoting quality, independent and civic journalism
- Protecting and guaranteeing human rights by building effective, responsible and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Improving private sector access to the European market by applying EU standards, with particular attention to agriculture
- affirmation of the good name and international authority of Bulgaria;
- improving the quality of education and the introduction of new training technologies;
- modernization of existing cultural spaces;
- the creation of independent media projects;
- organizing and conducting various cultural events and promoting them in the country’s cultural calendar;
- improving socio-economic development and good governance leading to sustainable and inclusive economic development.
- Promoting economic cooperation with Bulgaria and the EU as a whole;
- reducing poverty and increasing prosperity;
- deepening the interaction between institutions at central, regional and local level.
- The minimum eligible project value is BGN 5,000.
- The recommended maximum value of a project is:
- for projects whose main purpose is to supply goods and / or provide services – up to BGN 70,000;
- for projects whose main purpose is to carry out repair and / or construction activities – up to BGN 270,000.
- Project proposals must include an indicative start date for the project after 1 March 2021 and no later than 30 November 2021.
- The implementation of the project must be completed no later than December 31, 2023.
- pupils and students (including people with special needs and disadvantaged backgrounds);
- teachers and administrative staff at schools and universities;
- lovers of theater and film art;
- entrepreneurs, producers, farmers;
- employees of state and local administration;
- representatives of minority groups;
- freelance journalists;
- freelance analysts and political experts.
- Primary and secondary budget spending units – legal entities in Ukraine;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organizations;
- legal persons, entrepreneurs, farmers;
- Other (cultural institutions, theaters, cinemas, libraries, galleries).
For more information, visit https://www.mfa.bg/embassies/ukraine/news/25178