Deadline: 7 April 2020
The Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation.
This opportunity will enable an early/mid-career New Zealand artist to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 28 September – 14 December 2020 (11 weeks).
The Residency Comprises
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks.
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence).
- Basic living expenses in London.
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London.
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency.
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours).
- The residency is open to contemporary visual artists working in all disciplines, though one must note Gasworks’ restricted facilities. Aspiring artists producing high quality work who have not had the opportunity to work in London before will be prioritized. It is important that all applicants research Gasworks thoroughly before submitting their application so as to be fully aware of the context which they would, if successful, be entering.
- The selected artist should be able to engage discursively and speculatively with Gasworks’ environment and London’s wider artistic and cultural context. With this in mind, applicants should submit a project proposal within their application, outlining their specific research interests and intentions for the residency. Those who fail to submit a considered proposal that is specific to this residency and the London context will be disqualified. Artists who previously applied for the 2019 residency are encouraged to reapply.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The artist will be selected on the basis of their application. Gasworks will establish a selection panel to ensure a wide perspective on and in-depth knowledge of the contemporary art scene in the UK and New Zealand. It will include representatives from Gasworks, The Jan Warburton Charitable Trust, Elam School of Fine Arts, the University of Auckland and other main organizers. The successful artist only will be notified by Friday 24 April 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.gasworks.org.uk/opportunities/for-artists-based-in-new-zealand-5
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.