Deadline: 15 September 2019
The research supported by the Foundation may be in the humanities, arts or social or environmental sciences, or it may be multidiscipline research relating to the above-mentioned fields. In artistic research, artistic and investigative work are done in tandem; it is usually carried out at art institutes. Artistic research is generally connected to the author’s own artistic or art pedagogy work.
Kone Foundation seeks bold initiatives. By ‘boldness’ they mean the ability to question and examine the world from a new, critical perspective; they believe that it is through such an outlook that understanding of a particular subject deepens.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Boldness can also mean crossing – and even breaking – boundaries. Their conception of boldness therefore includes experimental approaches, the courage to explore as-yet unrefined ideas, and to avoid predetermined definitions. The future holds a multitude of opportunities, and they seek to foster their development.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The amount of the personal monthly grant varies, depending on the stage of applicants career. The grant sizes are:
- Grant 1: early career applicants and those working on their doctoral thesis €2,400/month (€28,800/year)
- Grant 2: mid-career applicants and those working at the post-doctoral level €2,800/month (€33,600/year
- Grant 3: late career applicants and experienced researchers (e.g., adjunct professor level, “dosentti” in the Finnish academic system) €3,500/month (€42,000/year).
- If applicants apply for grant 2 or 3, please state why on the application form.
- Personal monthly grants are usually awarded for full-time work for a minimum of one month.
- Smaller grants are available (25%, 50% or 75% of full grant) for part-time work.
Funding can be applied for:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- academic and / or artistic work
- the advancement of academic and / or artistic work (e.g., a project whose aim is to develop a field)
- work based on academic research and / or artistic work (e.g., making research or art available to wider audiences)
- other kinds of cultural work.
- An individual, a working group or an established organisation can apply for funding from Kone Foundation. If a working group is applying for funding, the group members must elect a team leader who will be responsible for the project.
- Kone Foundation grants are mainly intended for Finnish nationals working in Finland or abroad or for other nationalities working in Finland. If applicant do not have a Finnish background and are working outside of Finland, applicant’s work should have a connection to Finland.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://koneensaatio.fi/en/grants/grantapplicants/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.