Deadline: 31 May 2019
In the Asia Pacific region, many libraries, archives and memory institutions face formidable challenges: economic, climatic and geographic. The newly established the Asia/Pacific Regional Committee for the Memory of the World Program (MOWCAP)-Asia Culture Center (ACC) Grants Program aims to contribute to addressing this challenge by assisting with the preservation of, and universal access to, the documentary heritage of the Asia/Pacific region, and also to increase awareness of the existence and significance of the heritage.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The MOWCAP-ACC grants program supports the efforts of the many groups and organisations that collect, and preserve and provide access to documentary heritage from the Asia-Pacific region. It aims to encourage collaboration and partnerships to undertake projects (e.g. preservation of materials, digitizing, exhibitions, publications etc) as well as to develop skills and resources (eg. workshops, training programs, expert assessments etc).
The Memory of the World Programme is an international programme aimed at safeguarding, preserving and facilitating access to and the use of documentary heritage. UNESCO launched the Program in 1992. The Programme includes the inscription of significant documentary heritage on national, regional and international registers.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Grants of up to $US 5,000 are available for the preservation and sharing of the documentary heritage of the Asia-Pacific. Grants are required to be fully expended, and the project completed and acquitted, within a 6-month period (July-December 2019). The grants are administered through the MOWCAP Office, Asia Culture Center, Gwangju, Republic of Korea.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
What sort of projects will be considered for funding?
- The development of e-publications;
- Conservation of documentary heritage (If a conservator is engaged, they should be a member of an accredited national or international conservation organisation);
- Cataloguing records and archival description
- The development of exhibitions (including digital ones)
- Web projects that provide information or resources on documentary heritage;
- Digital storytelling about documentary heritage (including film and DVD projects);
- Apps for mobile devices;
- Consultancy fees for the provision of specialist skills not found within the organisation;
- The purchase of archival quality materials;
- The digitisation and publishing of documentary heritage items/collections;
- Training and capacity building in the area of the preservation/access to documentary heritage.
- And more (if applicants have a great idea please consult with MOWCAP).
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- To apply for a grant through the MOWCAP-ACC Grants Programme applicant’s organisation will need to meet the following criteria.
- The organisation applying must be:
- Based in the Asia-Pacific
- Have support from their National MoW Committee or UNESCO National Commission
- Note: Government agencies (archives, museums, etc.) may partner with a non-government organisation to apply.
How to Apply
Download the Application Form via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://www.mowcapunesco.org/grants/