Deadline: 7 December 2018
The Fund is aimed at preserving cultural sites or objects that have a historical or cultural significance.
Small Grants may range between US$ 10,000 – $ 200,000. A clearly itemized and concise budget plan must accompany each proposal.
AFCP will recommend for funding those applications that include project activities that adhere to the following guidelines and to international standards for the preservation of cultural heritage. These activities may include:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- CULTURAL SITES: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS: conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects from a museum, site, or similar institution—that includes, but are not limited to, archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs; needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation; inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
Applications for projects that directly support one or more of the following will receive additional consideration in FY 2019:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property agreements
- U.S. Embassy Integrated Country Strategy (ICS) goals
- Disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in seismically active and other disaster-prone areas
- Post-disaster cultural heritage recovery
- Preservation of inscribed World Heritage sites
- Proposals are open to eligible applicants from all over Marshall Islands.
- The Center defines eligible project applicants as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
All interested applicants must submit proposals via email citing “AMBASSADORS FUND FOR CULTURAL PRESERVATION” at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Marshall Islands and United States
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2DOULzq