Deadline: 26 March 2019
Wellcome Foundation is seeking applications for its Public Engagement Fund 2019 that enable individuals and organisations to use creative approaches in engaging the public with health research.
- fees for other people who are essential to the proposal, such as consultants and artists
- the costs of temporary replacement staff to enable a person who already has a salary to allocate time to work on the project
- the costs of promoting access or increasing diversity and inclusion, eg the costs for any community partners to help deliver the project
- materials and consumables
- production costs, including marketing
- development, including building and refurbishment
- travel and subsistence relevant to the proposal
- evaluation and dissemination of the work
- organisational overheads
- other costs
Funding Information and Duration
- Awards range from £25,000 to £3 million.
- Applicants project funding can last up to three years.
- The Public Engagement Fund is open to individuals and organisations (commercial and not-for-profit). Applicants project must focus on health, although this doesn’t need to be applicants organisation’s main focus or core activity.
- Applicants can be working in the arts, culture, entertainment media, heritage, leisure, education, research, informal learning, social enterprise, non-profit and community sectors, or other fields.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
- UK, Ireland
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia and Pacific: Cambodia, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/public-engagement-fund