The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture and Culture Resource launch a Solidarity Fund to support Arts and Culture Structures in Lebanon. The two regional organizations embark on their first collaboration to try and address some of the pressing needs facing the arts and culture sector in Lebanon, at a time when the country is in the throes of social and political upheaval due to nation-wide economic collapse that is having serious repercussions on daily life.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Solidarity Fund seeks to extend a one-time un-earmarked institutional grant to affected organizations in Lebanon, and to offer the time they need to adjust to a rapidly changing environment. Envisioned to support the operations over a one-year period, and to respond to the challenges brought up during the exchanges, the grant will be tailored to the needs of individual organizations providing them with some means to:
- Retain their core teams in a way that allows them to think and reflect together on their mandates, operations, activities, and future;
- Keep their spaces/venues;
- Seek consultancies (legal, artistic, technical, and the like) if needed to reimagine their models and to be inspired by other experiences;
- Explore collaborative options with peer institutions to maximize use of space, share costs, and benefit from combined audiences and cross-discipline programming; and
- Relocate some of their activities and create regional partnerships that allow them to continue to do their work.
This support scheme of maximum USD 80,000 per organization will benefit up to 16 active arts and culture structures based in Lebanon from diverse practices, disciplines, and missions, and with clear links to community participation programs. The profile of these structures may include – but is not limited to- those engaged in grant-making, cultural and artistic production and activities, capacity building, organizing festivals, and building knowledge and archives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The maximum grant amount that can be requested is USD 80,000.
- The structure should be in operation for at least two years.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Any registered or unregistered institutional or cooperative structure working in the field of culture and arts in any region of Lebanon and in any artistic or cultural field can apply to the Solidarity Fund.
- The “Letter of Interest” must be submitted in Arabic. An English or French version can be attached as well.
- The Supporting Documents can be submitted in Arabic, English, or French.
- A jury of three professionals evaluates the applications and shortlists organizations. Shortlisted organizations might be called upon for an interview with the jury.
- The selection criteria for assessing eligibility consist of the following parameters:
- The public value, role and effectiveness of the organization in cultural life and its contribution in its artistic and cultural spheres;
- The challenges faced by the organization and its ability to assess its needs and priorities;
- The organization’s ability to create new and adapting measures and its reflection on how to overcome challenges;
- Internal mechanisms and practices that reflect the ability and willingness of the organization to deal with challenges;
- The organization’s demonstrated good practices at the level of governance;
- Provision of the minimum (or the possibility to mobilize) resources to deal with the crisis.
For more information, visit https://www.arabculturefund.org/Programs/34
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.