Deadline: 31 May 2019
The Sunhak Peace Prize Committee is seeking nominations for the 4th Sunhak Peace Prize to honor individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to peace and human development, working to resolve conflict and restore balance to the relationship between humanity and the natural environment.
The Sunhak Peace Prize awards distinguished individuals or organizations that have contributed significantly to peace and the welfare of future generations throughout the world. The Sunhak Peace Prize emphasizes three core areas in its evaluation of candidates: Sustainable Human Development, Conflict Resolution, and Ecological Conservation. Sunhak Peace Prize laureates are selected biannually by an international committee, and receive an award in the amount of one million dollars.
- Sustainable Human Development: Solving the problems of poverty, disease and ignorance, and respecting the human rights and dignity of every human being.
- Poverty Relief
- Disease Eradication
- Education and Welfare
- Conflict Resolution: Peacefully resolving conflicts between people of differing ideologies, religions, races and nationalities.
- Resolutions of Disputes
- Religious Harmony
- Peace Among Nations
- Ecological Conservation: Finding solutions to climate change and the misuse of natural resources in order to create a sustainable balance between the natural and human worlds.
- Climate Change Prevention
- Energy Innovation
- Criteria for Candidacy
- Individuals or organizations must have contributed significantly to the promotion of peace outlined in the Peace Mission affirmed by the Sunhak Peace Prize Committee. The achievements of the individual or organization must have had a positive impact on the realization of peace for people of diverse nations, races, religions, or ideologies.
- Nominations may be submitted from any among 1,000 qualified nominators around the world, representing a wide range of fields and areas of professional expertise, and representing diverse geographical, cultural, religious, and ethnic backgrounds
- Qualified Individuals
- Recipients of international prizes
- highly respected individuals
- Qualified Organizations
- International NGOs & academic associations
- Organizations previously awarded international prizes
How to Apply
Nominations for candidates may be done by e-mail or offline by postal mail.
For more information, please visit http://sunhakpeaceprize.org/bbs/content.php?co_id=3010