Deadline: 5 July 2019
The inaugural APEC Healthy Women, Healthy Economies Research Prize is now accepting nominations for outstanding research work that strives to improve women’s health, economic well-being, and chart more inclusive growth.
The prize aims to spotlight and spur the creation of sex-disaggregated data and gender based research that will help decision-makers make more evidence-based policies to improve the lives of women and strengthen the regional economy.
Officials in Chile, host economy of APEC 2019, raised women’s economic empowerment as a top APEC priority this year. They are launching this year’s prize with the support of Merck, a leading science and technology company.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The APEC Healthy Women, Healthy Economies Research Prize offers business leaders the opportunity to explore and identify their own path to incorporate these recommendations from leading researchers, which will foster women development and will benefit the whole organization.
Since its inception in 2014, the APEC Healthy Women, Healthy Economies initiative has improved women’s health through public-private partnerships. One key outcome has been the cross-sector collaboration in creating The Healthy Women, Healthy Economies Policy Toolkit – a compendium of the issues, actions, and implementing elements for improving women’s health across five areas.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The areas are:
- workplace health and safety;
- health awareness and access;
- sexual and reproductive health;
- gender-based violence; and
- work/life Balance.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The winner of the prize will win USD $20,000, while the 2 runners-up will win USD $5,000 each. If the winner or runner up is from government then the prize money will be given instead to Healthy Women (a women’s health not-for-profit). Alternatively, the winner or runners-up may designate a not-for-profit entity to receive the prize money*
- The top three finalists will have the opportunity to present their research to members of the APEC Women and the Economy Forum in La Serena, Chile.
- The prize winner will be announced at the annual Women Leaders’ APEC Roundtable during the 2019 APEC CEO Summit in Santiago, Chile in November 2019.
*Not-for-profit entities must be unaffiliated with governments or government agencies to be eligible.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicants may be individuals or teams (with one leader listed) who are from an APEC economy, and do not require a background in academia.
- The research must be evidence-based and addresses at least one of the pillars outlined in the toolkit.
- APEC member economies include: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, VietNam.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.apec.org/Press/News-Releases/2019/0507_prize