Deadline: 26 September 2018
It is intended for project developers in Africa, the Near and Middle East, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean (as defined by the Development Assistance Committee), and who are part of the local ecosystem of the inclusive and social economy.
The goal of the Fondation la France is to promote the engagement of civil society in innovative initiatives and solidarity, not only on the French territory but also around the world.
Thanks to its International Prize, the Foundation reiterates its commitment to work together in the fight against inequalities and in the service of the common Sustainable Development Goals as defined by the United Nations.
The Foundation will reward 5 winners per year through a grant of € 20,000 per project. In order to promote exchanges and meetings, the winners will be invited to Paris during the awards ceremony.
Terms of the Contest
- The Prize is held exclusively through a dedicated questionnaire. The Foundation will not accept or consider any other application for support that has not been submitted online.
- The Prize is open to structures that meet the following cumulative conditions:
- have its registered office in one of the 140 countries on the list of beneficiaries defined by the Development Assistance Committee;
- to be a structure of the local ecosystem of the social and inclusive economy ;
- have an annual budget greater than or equal to twenty-five thousand euros (€ 25,000) ;
- have been constituted in structure for at least 2 years;
- Cannot be candidates for the 2018 International Competition:
- The former Laureates supported under the program “France is committed to the South”;
- Structures that have concluded benefit contracts with the Foundation;
- The persons and members of the Jury, as well as the organizations / institutions and their members at the origin of the elaboration of the Competition;
- The structures already working in connection with the partners of the Foundation France is committed;
- French NGOs established locally.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
- Least Developed Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.
- Low Income Countries: Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Zimbabwe.
- Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories: Armenia, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tokelau, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories: Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Fiji, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Gabon, Grenada, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Panama, Peru, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Serbia, South Africa, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Venezuela, Wallis and Futuna.
For more information, please visit International Prize.