The Arab Fund for Economic Empowerment and Social Development works in order to contribute towards the financing of economic and social development projects in the Arab countries.
The Arab Fund seeks to meet the development needs of Member countries and at the same time ensure feasibility and transparency in all its projects. In this context the most important aspect of the Arab Fund’s operations is to consider the priorities of the projects and the policies established by the Member countries so that it does not impose any financial or economic conditions that interfere with such policies.
The Arab Fund grants aim to provide institutional support to Member countries, by enhancing efficiency in project preparation and implementation, including the conducting of technical and economic feasibility studies, and also through studies and research and other activities related to vital development issues.
Requests for grants from the Arab Fund can be submitted by a member state or any eligible Arab, regional or international organization. In order to be considered, requests for national grants should be accompanied by a letter from the Fund Governor of the country from which the request for the grant has emanated.
- Financing private sector projects in member countries by providing all forms of loans and guarantees to corporations and enterprises.
- Financing economic and social development projects by providing loans on concessionary terms to governments and public enterprises and corporations.
- Establishing and administering special funds whose purposes are compativle with that of the Arab Fund.
- Providing expertise and technical assistance in the various fields of economic development.
- Forming or participating in the equity capital of corporations possessing judicial personality.
- Encouraging the investment, directly or indirectly.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on Bilateral Donors Worldwide. Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!