USAID (United States Agency for International Development) is the lead U.S. Government agency that works to end extreme global poverty and enable resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential.
USAID’s mission is to end extreme poverty and promote the development of resilient, democratic societies that are able to realize their potential.
USAID’s efforts directly enhance American—and global—security and prosperity.
- Investing in agricultural productivity so countries can feed their people
- Combating maternal and child mortality and deadly diseases like HIV, malaria and tuberculosis
- Providing life-saving assistance in the wake of disaster
- Promoting democracy, human rights and good governance around the world
- Fostering private sector development and sustainable economic growth
- Helping communities adapt to a changing environment
- Elevating the role of women and girls throughout all its work
- Passion for mission
- Commitment to learning
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
You can learn more about latest NGO funding opportunities from USAID here.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on Bilateral Donors Worldwide. Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!