Deadline: 28 February 2020
The United States Foundation for Development in Africa (USADF), in collaboration with the Department Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and the Promotion of Employment (MPMEPE) of the Government of Benin, invites cooperative societies of producers, processors, and small and medium-sized enterprises Beninese to submit requests for funding and support for the development of their local businesses promoting innovative solutions that increase their capacity to increase incomes, create jobs, improve incomes and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
- The maximum amount awarded to start-ups in the processing, crafts and off-grid energy sectors is the equivalent of US $ 50,000.
- Grant values can range from $ 10,000 to a maximum of US $ 250,000 (grant amounts are based on the level of impact on income growth, job creation, recipient income and sustainability growth).
- Companies must provide a clear business plan, financial statements and proof of registration. They should also provide evidence of their ability to contribute a minimum of 30% of the total cost of the project.
Only proposals from cooperative companies and registered companies of producers, processors investing directly in the value chains of corn, cassava, cashew, shea, pineapple, palm oil, rice, peanut and soybean and off-grid energy and craft industries will be considered.
Note: The USADF only accepts requests from cooperatives, associations or small and medium-sized enterprises directly involved in the above-mentioned sectors. The USADF does not accept requests from NGOs, government or parastatal institutions. Application documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
- Supporting documents:
- Completed application form. – Required
- Copy of a valid registration certificate from an organization or business. – Required
- Most recent Business Plan – Preferred but optional for community organizations, Required for businesses
- 2 years of financial statements for the past 2 years – Preferred but optional for community organizations, Required for businesses
For more information, visit https://www.usadf.gov/apply/