Deadline: 22 March 2020
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Human rights and democracy – for example: strengthened democratic governance and rule of law; increased equality and non-discrimination for women and disadvantaged groups and strengthened freedom of the press
- Inclusive and green growth – for example: fostering economic inclusion; improving the business environment; supporting green growth and resilience to climate change
- Increased accountability and transparency, demonstrated, for example, through improved Transparency or Integrity Index scores or stronger mechanisms for checks and balances in institutional frameworks, leading to greater alignment of policies and practices with international standards.
- Reforms and implementation of policies aimed at promoting conditions for open markets, green growth and mitigation to climate change, such as, but not limited to: promoting competitiveness, streamlining processes to facilitate trade, reducing the potential for illicit trade; and facilitating the transition to decarbonisation.
- Greater economic inclusion through entrepreneurship and innovation, especially for women entrepreneurs and other vulnerable groups such as migrants.
- Decrease in reported gender-based violence, discrimination and harassment towards women, members of the LGBT community and other marginalised groups.
- Reduction in reported harassment of and violence against journalists; improved enabling environment in which freedom of the press is protected and respected.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- minimum project budget limit: $10,000
- maximum project budget limit: $20,000
- projects are funded for a single financial year running from 15 May 2020 to 28 February 2021, with no expectation of continued funding beyond this period.
Project bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- project design includes risk and financial accountability procedures
- evidence of sustainability – demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- the organisation’s safeguarding policies ensure protection of beneficiaries
- overall value for money
- administration costs for delivering a project should not exceed 10% of the total project budget
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted using the relevant bid form and activity based budget template at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Successful bidders will be notified by 30 April 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british-embassy-san-jose-call-for-bids-20202011
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.