Deadline: 30 September 2019
Are you a social entrepreneur committed to improving lives and creating a real impact through the work you do? Or an entrepreneur with a passion for providing meaningful solutions to social and environmental challenges? If so, then FNB’s Social Entrepreneurship Impact Lab is for you.
The Social Entrepreneurship Impact Lab is an exciting enterprise development programme that aims to support the growth of 25 social entrepreneurs who are tackling pressing social, environmental, and economic issues in South Africa.
This 18-month programme will provide business support solutions to assist social entrepreneurs to significantly change their growth trajectory and achieve the full potential impact of their social enterprise.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Social Entrepreneurship Impact Lab is implemented in collaboration with Fetola – social entrepreneurs with over ten years’ hands-on experience in successfully boosting the growth and long-term survival of businesses across all sectors in South Africa.
Social Enterprise: A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in financial, social and environmental well-being. This includes maximizing social impact alongside profits for external shareholders.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The programme covers comprehensive business support to assist the business to scale and maximize social impact. The various components include:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Access to markets
- Business skills training
- Peer networking
- Access to finance
- Business support tools and resources
- Technical consulting and so much more
What is the cost of the programme?
Social Entrepreneurship Impact Lab is a national programme that is funded by FNB. Once the social entrepreneurs have been selected, all costs related to the programme will be covered by FNB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The programme is for South African citizens only, where the shareholding of the business is at least 51% black owned and the turnover is less than R50 Million per annum.
- There is no guaranteed funding as part of this programme, however the intention is to facilitate appropriate finance opportunities to entrepreneurs.
- If applicants business has been operating for more than 6 months and has a financial operating track record. Businesses in ideation and concept phase are not eligible.
- They are looking for businesses which are commercially self-sustaining and the entrepreneur is willing to scale their business therefore NPO’s are not eligible.
- Many entrepreneurs start their businesses whilst still employed and would be open to considering applications in this regard provided there is clear commitment to a transition strategy within the next 6-12 months.
- Black owned (51% or higher black shareholding) social enterprises which have been operational for at least 6 months, have a proven business track record and a turnover of less than R50 million per annum.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
All entries are assessed based on the following criteria (but not limited to):
- Coachability of the entrepreneur and fit to program values and objectives
- Job creation potential of the business
- Social impact potential of the business
- Technology readiness level of the business
- Investment readiness of the business
- Scalability of the business
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://fetola.co.za/projects/