Deadline: 29 July 2020
The Australian Government’s Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) is seeking applications for Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Grants to provide funding for medium to long-term, industry-led research collaborations.
The CRC program (the program) supports industry-led collaborations between industry, researchers and the community. The program is a proven model for linking researchers with industry to focus on research and development towards use and commercialisation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objectives of the program are to:
- improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries, especially where Australia has a competitive strength, and in line with government priorities
- foster high quality research to solve industry-identified problems through industry-led and outcome-focused collaborative research partnerships between industry entities and research organisations
- encourage and facilitate small and medium enterprise (SME) participation in collaborative research.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The intended outcomes of the program include:
- establishing industry-research sector collaborations
- SME participation in collaborative research
- collaborative research results
- research results relevant to government priorities
- increased research skills in industry and increased industry capability in research
- improved competitiveness and productivity for industry participating in CRCs and CRC-Ps
- industry, research and other users valuing the program.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The program consists of two elements:
- CRCs Grants support medium to long term, industry-led collaborations; and
- CRC Project Grants (CRC-Ps) support short term, industry-led collaborative research.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- To be eligible you must:
- be a medium to long term industry-led collaborative research project to solve industry-identified problems and improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries
- include an industry-focused education and training program, which must include, but is not limited to, a PhD program which complements the research program and increases engagement, technology development, skilled employees and R&D capacity within industry entities
- implement strategies which build the R&D capacity within SMEs
- deploy research outputs and encourage take-up by industry
- Eligible activities must relate directly to the project and may include:
- new research
- proof of concept activities
- pre-commercialisation of research outcomes
- industry-focused education and training
- conferences, workshops and communications
- collaboration with international organisations providing national benefits to Australia
CRC grant applications are open to all industry sectors, research disciplines and community sectors.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
To be eligible you must:
- submit your application from a group that has agreed to collaborate
- have at least one Australian industry organisation and one Australian research organisation in your collaboration
- show you can at least match the grant funding
- if successful, establish the CRC as an incorporated company, limited by guarantee
For more information, visit https://www.business.gov.au/Grants-and-Programs/Cooperative-Research-Centres-CRC-Grants