Deadline: 29 July 2020
The Australian Government’s Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) is seeking applications for Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Grants to provide funding for medium to long-term, industry-led research collaborations.
The CRC program (the program) supports industry-led collaborations between industry, researchers and the community. The program is a proven model for linking researchers with industry to focus on research and development towards use and commercialisation.
The objectives of the program are to:
- improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries, especially where Australia has a competitive strength, and in line with government priorities
- foster high quality research to solve industry-identified problems through industry-led and outcome-focused collaborative research partnerships between industry entities and research organisations
- encourage and facilitate small and medium enterprise (SME) participation in collaborative research.
The intended outcomes of the program include:
- establishing industry-research sector collaborations
- SME participation in collaborative research
- collaborative research results
- research results relevant to government priorities
- increased research skills in industry and increased industry capability in research
- improved competitiveness and productivity for industry participating in CRCs and CRC-Ps
- industry, research and other users valuing the program.
The program consists of two elements:
- CRCs Grants support medium to long term, industry-led collaborations; and
- CRC Project Grants (CRC-Ps) support short term, industry-led collaborative research.
- To be eligible you must:
- be a medium to long term industry-led collaborative research project to solve industry-identified problems and improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries
- include an industry-focused education and training program, which must include, but is not limited to, a PhD program which complements the research program and increases engagement, technology development, skilled employees and R&D capacity within industry entities
- implement strategies which build the R&D capacity within SMEs
- deploy research outputs and encourage take-up by industry
- Eligible activities must relate directly to the project and may include:
- new research
- proof of concept activities
- pre-commercialisation of research outcomes
- industry-focused education and training
- conferences, workshops and communications
- collaboration with international organisations providing national benefits to Australia
CRC grant applications are open to all industry sectors, research disciplines and community sectors.
To be eligible you must:
- submit your application from a group that has agreed to collaborate
- have at least one Australian industry organisation and one Australian research organisation in your collaboration
- show you can at least match the grant funding
- if successful, establish the CRC as an incorporated company, limited by guarantee
For more information, visit https://www.business.gov.au/Grants-and-Programs/Cooperative-Research-Centres-CRC-Grants